Feijoa Chicken Curry
2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into bite sized chunks, 1 ½ cuts carrots thinly sliced, 1 cup red, yellow or green bell capsicum cubed, 1 cup onion , thinly sliced, 1 clove garlic, minced, 4 to 5 ripe feijoa, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into slices, 1 tablespoon curry powder, ¼ teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon cornflower, 1 2/3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil
- Sauté chicken 3 minutes or until nearly done; remove from pan
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; sauté carrots, capsicum, onion and garlic for 5 minutes or till carrots are nearly tender
- Add chicken back to skillet with feijoas, curry powder, salt, allspice and pepper
- Stir cornflower into chicken broth; pour into skillet with chicken mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes
- Serve with rice.